Grassington Hub Befriending Service
Providing Conversation and Companionship
Our service provides one-to-one Befriending for all adults living within Grassington and Upper Wharfedale.
We take referrals from:
- individuals themselves
- friends and family
- GP’s and social prescribers
- social services and other statutory organisations
Our service aims to improve the confidence, emotional health, and wellbeing of those people using the service by matching them with a friendly volunteer befriender. Befrienders provide stimulating companionship by reminiscing, talking, listening to music or simply having a cup of tea together
Users of the service can expect:
- a weekly phone call or visit
- the same befriender every time
- information about other local services and activities
Would you like to volunteer for our Befriending Service?
Befrienders have to:
- Regularly visit or call a person with whom they have been matched
- Give the person some company
- Be reliable
- ·Have good communication skills
- ·Be patient and have a warm and friendly attitude
The Hub will provide:
- Induction and on-going training
- Support and supervision
- Regular reviews
- Payment of expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
To download an information pack and application form please click the buttons below or call into the Hub and pick up a volunteering pack.